Sunday, August 22, 2010

Milk for the Soul

"As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious." 2 Peter 2: 2-3.

I read this verse yesterday and it has caused me to ponder how I desire God and how I should desire Him. Having a baby definitely puts a whole new light on everything and being able to watch him has given me a new perspective on verses like this one. As I read this verse I began to think about how my little man desires milk and tried to draw some parallels on my walk with God and my desire for the Word. My little man not only desires milk for comfort but also for his very existence. As he feeds off of milk, he grows and develops, it gives him the healthy benefits that he needs and he also receives comfort and warmth from it. When he is hungry there is no holding him back! If he can't get his milk, we know about it! When he eats, he is not distant from me, but rather he talks to me, makes eye contact and snuggles in as close as possible. He enjoys his milk. He knows that his momma is the source of his milk. He desires to stay as close to me as possible and have me with him everywhere he goes. I wonder if this describes my desire for God and His Word. Our babies taste and know that milk is good and hence crave it. Have we tasted of the Lords goodness?

1 comment:

  1. I love the way he kicks his feet and gets all excited when he sees you across the room. We should approach God that way.

    ReplyDelete